Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer
Why You Need Personal Injury Lawyer Cliff Marcek on Your Side
As the victim of a personal injury accident that was caused by someone else, you’ve been left with significant financial burdens. In addition to the stack of medical bills that are threatening to overflow your mailbox, you’re probably dealing with the loss of your income because you’re unable to work. With the insurance company refusing to budge, you have a lot on your plate. Las Vegas personal injury lawyer Cliff Marcek understands the challenges you face, and our law firm has great news.
You own a valuable personal injury case.
Unfortunately, recovering the compensation you need to pay for your medical treatment and cover your lost wages isn’t going to be easy. The insurance company will most likely continue to fight your claim, and if your case is worth a lot of money, their attorneys are only going to fight harder. That’s where we come in.
Cliff Marcek has been a personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas for approximately 30 years. Over the past three decades, our law firm has become familiar with the shady tactics of faceless insurance companies. We’ve learned to anticipate their unethical behaviors ahead of time, and stop them in their tracks. By staying ahead of the insurance company’s game, we significantly increase our clients’ chances of obtaining full financial recovery.
Millions of Dollars in Settlement Checks Delivered to Our Personal Injury Clients
Personal injury lawyer Cliff Marcek has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of injured victims in Nevada. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum – one of the most prestigious trial lawyer groups in the United States. Cliff uses his previous experience in defending insurance companies to your advantage. When you hire Marcek Law to handle your personal injury claim or lawsuit, you’ll benefit from our:
Top-Tier Personalized Legal Services
Our clients are like family at Marcek Law. We treat each client with the dignity and respect we would expect professionals to use with our own family members, and we advise you as if we were handling our own personal injury case. As sole practitioner, Cliff personally handles every case he accepts. This ensures you receive continuous communication throughout your case, direct contact with your personal injury lawyer, and reassurance that your case will receive the personalized attention it deserves.
Network of Experts
We expect the worst from insurance companies in Nevada. As a result, we’ve developed strategies to counter their unscrupulous ways. When they attempt to misdirect blame, or minimize accident injuries, our team is prepared. We work with accident reconstruction specialists, investigators, and medical experts to bring crucial evidence that other personal injury law firms might miss. It is in these details that cases are won.
Extensive Litigation Experience
Personal injury lawyer Cliff Marcek has represented hundreds of victims throughout Nevada. While Marcek Law handles cases involving virtually all types of serious injuries, our law firm has earned a reputation for taking on some of the most complicated injury cases in the state and winning in court. We’re not afraid to go up against powerful corporations and big name insurance companies, and the teams of experienced defense lawyers they employ.
How to Win Your Personal Injury Lawsuit in Las Vegas
After a Nevada car accident, slip and fall, or other type of injury incident, pain, emotional stress, and confusion about what to do next can hinder the success of your personal injury claim. You could file a personal injury claim on your own, argue with the insurance company representatives, and wait around to receive an unfair settlement check. However, taking the following steps can help ensure you win your personal injury lawsuit – and that you win big.
- Report the Accident: In most cases involving serious injuries, the first thing you should do is call 9-1-1. Reporting the accident to emergency responders is twofold. You’ll get medical help on the way, and you’ll start the paper trail with the police to document your accident. Depending on how and where you were injured, you may also need to report the accident to your employer, a business owner, a property owner, or someone else who could be responsible.
- Get Medical Treatment: If your injuries are severe or life-threatening, accept medical treatment at the scene, as soon as emergency medical technicians or paramedics arrive. If you refuse medical treatment and say you aren’t injured, the insurance company will use your claim against you later on. If you don’t need medical help right away, be sure to follow up with a doctor as soon as you can. Some injuries, like traumatic brain injuries and internal organ damage, don’t display symptoms for days or even weeks after an accident. Without medical treatment, these types of injuries could be deadly.
- Gather Evidence: If your injuries don’t appear to be serious, get as much evidence as you can gather right away. If you’re hurt too bad to gather evidence yourself, have someone else at the scene do it for you. It’s in the moments right after an accident that the most revealing evidence rears its head. You or another party need to photograph the accident scene and include pictures or videos of property damage, hazardous conditions, and anything else that may reveal how your accident happened.
- Follow Your Doctor’s Advice: One of the worst things you can do after suffering an injury is ignore your doctor’s advice. First, you put your own health and safety in jeopardy when you fail to follow your medical team’s instructions. Second, if the other side discovers your activities, it could be detrimental to your personal injury claim. They may use an investigator’s findings to demonstrate that you were not severely injured.
- Avoid Social Media: Social media, like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., can be an injured victim’s worst enemy in a personal injury claim or lawsuit. The insurance company often assigns experienced investigators to personal injury cases. One of their jobs is to scour your social media accounts looking for pictures, videos, or posts that demonstrate that your injuries were not severe. To prevent investigators from using your posts against you, it’s wise to avoid posting on social media until after your case is settled.
- Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer: Some things are better left to experienced professionals. Pursuing compensation in a personal injury case is one of them. On average, injured victims recover up to three times more when they hire a personal injury lawyer to handle their case. When you hire injury attorney Cliff Marcek, he will gather evidence, identify liable parties, negotiate with insurers, and represent you in court.
Time Is Running Out to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
In Nevada, individuals generally may file personal injury claims up to two years after the date the injury occurred. Since exceptions may apply to your case, you may have more, or less, time to take legal action. If you miss the deadline to file your personal injury lawsuit, you could be barred from recovering compensation for your losses. Personal injury lawyer Cliff Marcek can help you obtain your medical records, gather evidence and expert testimony, and navigate the claims process to ensure you file your lawsuit on time.
Work injuries, car accidents, product liability injuries, medical malpractice, and slip and fall accidents can happen to anyone. When they occur, they can prevent an individual from working and negatively impact their quality of life. Some injuries may cause long-term, chronic health conditions. Our personal injury law firm can help secure compensation for the care and treatment of these injuries, as well as damages for pain and suffering.
Let’s Get Started with Your Recovery. Call Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer Cliff W. Marcek at: (702) 366-7076.
Was Your Loved One Killed in a Wrongful Death Accident?
The death of a loved one causes considerable trauma and grief. Your pain is only exacerbated when your loss is caused by another party’s negligent, reckless, or deliberate malfeasance. While filing a wrongful death claim won’t erase what’s happened, taking legal action can ensure that the at-fault party is held accountable. Additionally, representatives of an individual’s estate, the surviving spouse, domestic partner, children, and parents of the deceased may file a wrongful death claim to recover compensation from the at-fault party.
In Nevada, individuals may generally file a wrongful death claim up to two years after the date an individual has passed away. It is important to contact a personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas as soon as possible if your loved one is injured, and it is likely that they will die from their injuries. Doing so helps your attorney maintain records that show the cause of the injury, identify the party responsible, document the treatments that were administered, and gather witness statements while events are still fresh.
In wrongful death torts, the plaintiff may seek compensation for damages including medical expenses, funeral expenses, property damage, loss of companionship, loss of income, and lost benefits to heirs. In cases where circumstances such as professional bad conduct were factors in the death of an individual, plaintiffs and their personal injury lawyer may be able to seek punitive damages that are designed to punish the wrongdoer. If punitive damages are awarded in your case, your recovery could be substantial.
“Have used Cliff and his staff for 2 accidents and everything was smooth, easy, and efficient at a very stressful time. Ty Cliff and Karla!”
– Brandon Cross